Horopito is located in Adelaide, South Australia and is listed for sale at $290,000. She was launched in Dec2011 / Jan2012.
J/111 is an easy-to-handle, sailboat that accelerates quickly, slices to windward at 7+ knots and hits double-digit speeds downwind.
Length 11.00m Beam 3.29m Draft 2.19m Displacement 4.3mt
Full Doyle Sail Inventory including:
- Mainsail (New)
- J1 2011, J2 2015, J3 2014, J4 2014 furling jibs
- A2 (New)
- A3 2011
- Code zero on furler 2015
- Delivery main and delivery furling J2
- Tacktick jumbo instruments with 3 double displays on mast
- Garmin plotter
Upgrades to standard specification:
- Two tone deck (grey/white)
- Two opening ports aft face of coachroof
- Mast and boom in white
- Black powder coated stanchions
- V-Berth Package
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Cockpit shower
- Quattro winches on cabin top
- Slipped and antifouled August 2018
- Rig was taken out of the boat prior to 16/17 season as a 5 year check over. All rod rigging dye checked (all okay) and forestay replaced.
- Full engine service history
- Cat 3 safety gear
Hull & Deck
- Balsa core/biaxial E-glass vacuum infused hull laminate. Corecell/biaxial E-glass deck laminate. All laminates engineered and built to current ISO and ABS structural standards.
- White gel coat hull with single bootstripe.
- Molded companionway slide-in seahood.
- ORC size molded foredeck toe-rails.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore & aft on hull and deck with single opening to forepeak.
- Fore/aft and transverse keel support beams.
- Composite mast bearing beam with integral aluminum tapping plate to secure mast step.
- High aspect two-metal racing keel with lead bulb and stainless fin, flange mounted to a hull recess.
Mechanical & Steering
- Yanmar 3YM20 3 cylinder 4-stroke 21hp diesel engine with 60 amp alternator and SD 20 saildrive with 2-piece split zinc.
- Yanmar engine instrument panel mounted in recess on cockpit wall near wheel
- 16x 11 diameter geared Flex-O-Fold folding prop.
- Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- Balanced spade rudder constructed using “E-glass” with custom carbon rudder shaft mounted in Jefa self aligning rudder bearing system.
- Edson 60” destroyer wheel with grey leather cover recessed in molded cockpit wheel well.
- Edson steering system including Articu-lock sheaves, 6.5” radial drive, needle bearing with integral wheel brake, and chain/wire cables.
- Jefa emergency tiller.
- 46:1 Harken STP Performa self-tailing primary winches.
- 40:1 Harken Quattro self-tailing cabin top winches.
- Two-speed Harken Mainsheet System with 6:1 rough tune purchase to swivel cam base & 24:1 fine tune purchase led to centerline ratchet cam.
- 4:1 Harken Traveler System – led P&S.
- 6:1 Harken Adjustable Jib Lead System.
- Jib in-hauler hardware & 4:1 tackle P&S.
- 6:1 Cunningham system.
- Harken bow-sprit control system led internally to cockpit mounted cam cleat.
- Harken mast base halyard blocks and Spinlock 4-sheave organizers P&S.
- Custom SS mast collar with pins for halyard blocks and halyard bale.
- Stainless cabin top handrails P&S.
- Tapered lifeline stanchions.
- Double lifelines to meet ORC offshore regulations with 9” lower lifeline height.
- Custom bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with LED navigation lights.
- Four 8” 4-bolt SS mooring cleats.
- Four SS padeyes for cockpit spinnaker blocks.
- Interior ventilation from two framed opening ports in sides of cabin trunk and offshore style forward skylight deck hatch above V-berth with two opening ports on aft cabin face.
- Acrylic offshore drop-board with key lock and inside operable latch/unlatch.
- Cockpit operated manual bilge pump.
- Custom SS stemhead, shroud and backstay chainplates.
Plumbing & Electrical
- 18-gallon fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
- 12-gallon head holding tank.
- Raritan PH-II head with Y valve and deck pump-out access.
- 26-gallon water tank.
- Manual fresh water foot pumps in head and galley.
- Hot and cold pressure water
- 90 amp deep-cycle, sealed AGM battery.
- Three position battery switch.
- Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
- Bonding system.
- Automatic bilge pump & panel switch for manual/auto operation.
Spars & Rigging
- Hall Spars carbon fibre mast with double set of tapered aluminum spreaders, backstay crane, flush shroud terminations, sheaves for main, sheaves for 2 jib & 2 spinnaker halyards, vang and boom gooseneck fittings, steaming light, internal wiring conduit, pre-formed mast wedge kit. Mast/boom finished in white.
- Alloy 6061-T6 Boom with 12:1 internal outhaul, two mainsheet block bales, vang lug, three sheaves for reef lines and outhaul.
- Nitronic 50 discontinuous rod standing rigging package including shrouds and forestay.
- Dyneema DSK-78 Backstay.
- Remote Sailtec hydraulic backstay system mounted within reach of helmsman on front face of wheel pedestal.
- Low-profile Facnor “Flat” headsail furling system with control line aft to port side of cabin trunk.
- Carbon fiber, retractable bow sprit with internal bearing system and white painted finish.
- Running rigging package w/ Main & Jib Halyards with Tylaska shackles, Dyneema core jib & main sheets. Tapered spin halyard, Maxibraid tapered spin sheets. Also includes reef line, cunningham, pole control, tack line, inhauler lines, traveler control lines, mainsheet strop and mainsheet fine tune.
- Hall Quikvang with integral cleating.
- Off-white low-maintenance bulkheads.
- Molded engine box cover with 1” sound insulation.
- Powder-coated aluminum companionway ladder w/teak treads.
- Twin 6’9” quarter berths aft of the galley/nav area with storage below.
- Teak and holly style synthetic high-wear cabin flooring.
- SS overhead handrails in main salon P&S.
- Two Large acrylic fixed portlights.
- 6’4” settee berths with backrests.
- Shelf outboard of settee berths with storage behind backrest cushions.
- Nav Station/Office with full leg room, hinged-lid access to chart storage, outboard instrument panel and storage bin.
- L-Galley with sink, faucet, fresh water foot pump, sink drain seacock, ice box with top opening, Origo two-burner alcohol stove and storage cabinet outboard.